On Dec 9, 2004, at 12:34 PM, Shel Belinkoff wrote:

While I'd like a Wacom (it's on my Hanukah list <g>) I'm not familiar
enough with it to know how much better it would be than a mouse for this
and similar projects. There are other scenarios where it's benefit is
quite obvious. Guess I just need to get one and see for myself which tool
is better for what situations. Which might you recommend - the Intuos or
the Graphire (I think those are the models)? Thanks!

My recommendation is to get an Intuos. The pen is much more comfortable to hold and the whole build quality just seems a lot better. It also has better specifications.

From what I've seen the Intuos2 pen is better again. I haven't seen the latest Intuos3 tablets.

I don't know what later tablets are like, but my original Intuos 4x5 does pick up a little electromagnetic interference if I have it closer than about 12" from one of my screens. The pointer vibrates a little on the screen when it's too close. If I only had one screen that wouldn't be a problem but because I have two (both 19") the tablet has to be located a little too far to the right for my liking. That's one reason why I want to get an LCD.

Cheers,

- Dave

http://www.digistar.com/~dmann/