It's my understanding that it's primarily a surveillance film and that it's
fine grained.  It's used to photograph cars running red lights and the
like.  The speed isn't as great as that of 2475 (which was in the 1000 ASA
range, 1600, iirc, with Acufine).  2485 is rated at about half that, or
less, depending on the developer used.  I believe it's also used in
scientific studies and space exploration, and (may very well be wrong) that
it's possible to push it to an EI of 4000 under certain circumstances.

The info came up a few months ago when I was searching for specs and
details on the 2475, so my memory may be a little foggy (as is the 2475
currently in my freezer).

Shel