Using the istD, I might consider a 200mm lens, which
would give me an effective focal length of 300mm.
What are peoples' opinions of the SMC-A 200mm lens?

My only "somewhat long" tele lens is the 120 f/2.8,
which I think I will give a try for this gentleman.

Thanks for all the suggestions!  Keep 'em coming...