My first lasted a year before being stolen, 10k+ images, no significant problems. (see footnote)
My second (replacement for the one stolen) is only lightly used, no apparent problems.

Footnote: I had the same problems that others have reported with the feature which is supposed to sense the higher charged of the two battery sets (in camera vs. in vertical grip battery holder thingee). Most often it seemed that the camera would drain one set of batteries, then complain of low batteries. Turning the switch off-on fixed that. The next time I would switch off-on it would revert to using the drained batteries, complain. this was a minor nusience. I also had 2-3 system crashes where the camera just froze up. Battery removal, a 10-second delay for good luck, followed by battery reinsertion always cured the problem.

Stan