Hi Rob ...

During the discussion I found this site: http://www.lenspen.com/
which answered pretty much all of my questions.

As for the Maglite, I know I'll be happy with it.  Been using them
for years, just never for photography.  Can't wait until it gets
dark so I can shine the Mini Maglite (2AA) through the finder of the
LX and see how or if it can improve focusing, as has been suggested
by Bob Walkden and others.  Perhaps the 2AAA would be the ideal
model to carry in the camera bag.

Someone mentioned using the Maglite with a headband.  That might be
a worthwhile consideration.
--
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]