From: Rob Studdert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 6:06 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: SV: The film is dead

On 14 Dec 2004 at 13:49, Joakim Johansson wrote:

> If we think about it for a second, it may strike us that the digital
> revolution is nothing but an easy summer breeze. In a global
perspective
> that is.
>
> Still most people around the world doesn't even has electricity, and
> therefore certainly no DLSR.s. I don't think the film is dead!

Do you seriously think that film manufacturers are going to keep
non-profitable
film production lines on ice for those people across the globe who still
don't
have electricity (let alone the ability to afford
cameras/film/processing or
prints)?

I think you'll find that low end (but capable) digital cameras will very

quickly become more cost effective than film cameras and all film but
those
destined for a for few niche markets will die out.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998