On 17 Dec 2004 at 2:29, Markus Maurer wrote:

> Hi Rob
> my girlfriend makes clay figures and I will try to photograph each before
> she sells them
> to make a nice catalogue in A4 format for her as a present...

Great idea, I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated.

> Should I forget about the flash and start using the repro table with 4 lamps
> still have not used yet? Will slower film  (ISO 100 or even less) add a lot? I
> just had some Agfa Vista 200 ready. Flash is much more comfortable for me
> because I do not have to transport the figures to my home and I always carry
> the
> Pentax with me nowadays and when I visit her :-)

There is a lot you can do with flash following is a good tutorial using an hand
made diffuser:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/A18/

I would recommend a 4 lamp repro-table. If you wanted to head down that path
just pic up a pair of cheap flexible table lamps with ES threads (like the
cheap ones from Ikea) and buy a pair of spiral daylight balanced compact
fluorescent lamps. You may be surprised just how good the results can be.

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998