On Dec 17, 2004, at 1:44 AM, Luigi de Guzman wrote:

As I recall, they achieved this by means of a beamsplitter, and they didn't
have a mechanical shutter.

Actually, I think they did. I almost bought an E20, and it would black out before the shot, and I sometimes heard a clicking sound. Their mechanical shutter was the big limitation in their high shutter speed of a mere 1/640 sec. time. The E20 also had an electronic-type shutter, but it only captured every other line, and produced horrible resolution. Sorry, for being AR... :-)
--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland