I can confirm that:
My Z1 does not detect aperture with my Tamron 28mm 2.5 with KA adapter but does with ma FA 50mm 1.4. This is with aperture ring not on A of course.

-----------
Thibouille

Kostas Kavoussanakis wrote:
On Fri, 17 Dec 2004, William Robb wrote:

I believe the MZ cameras may be an anomoly. I recall my Super
Programs didn't show aperture information off the A position.

It couldn't, as it predates the F/FA lenses and their protocols :-)

I have no idea whether the SF cameras behave similarly or not.

And mine is on a long-term loan, so I cannot check. But would (for the
sake of it) like to know, also what happens with the Z/PZ series.

Kostas