I was watching the PBS show "Frontline" a couple of nights back, and during
the intro a video collage is played, in which a 9.8mm f/1.2  lens is shown.
Clearly it's a lens for a video camera or 16mm camera, or some such.  That
got me thinking about the possibility of adapting such a focal length to a
DSLR that uses the small sensors.  First question, of course, is how does
the size of the istD sensor compare to the frame of a video, 16mm, or 35mm
movie camera . I think a 35mm movie frame is about 1/2 the size of a 35mm
still camera frame.  Anyway, what might the possibility be of adapting such
a lens to a digi SLR?  Any thoughts on that?   Looking at the Sony digicam,
it's 7.5mm or so at the wide end ... shouldn't some of these movie camera
lenses work pretty well for digi slr use?  Cotty?

Shel