    From: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    Sent: 16/12/04 04:31:55
    To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    Subject: A short whimper

    So I got out my ZX-5n to show my dad while we were discussing cameras last
    night -- and the shutter isn't working.
    Tried different batteries and so on. Just a very unwholesome whirring sound
    whenever I powered the camera on or off.
    Got a repair quote today.
    But having to face reality and logic and facts and all that, I reluctantly
    conclude that I can't spend that kinda money fixing a camera I don't ever
use
    any more. I hardly ever shoot film and when I do, the PZ-1 or the LX would
be
    my choices ahead of the ZX-5n.
    Nor would I ever get that kind of money out of selling it, once fixed.
    I enjoyed it for several years, though.
    Oh well.

    ERNR