On 18 Dec 2004 at 19:54, Luigi de Guzman wrote:

> Buying a microsoft operating system is just a bunch of cash I'd rather save
> for
> a 35/2 lens.

An OEM licence is generally provided with machines at a cost far less than that
of a 35/2 lens but I can appreciate that it's not in your budget.

> And, as far as maximization goes, Linux and the GIMP do it for me:  without
> them, running comparable image-manipulation and editing software would be
> painfully slow on this computer.

Not on an optimised machine that's only 4 years old under a clean lean WK2
install, I was running a seven year old machine until recently, it wasn't
snappy but it wasn't painful either.

Each to their own.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998