Sounds like a very good deal -- lightly used ones can be harder to find and have much life in them!

The Super Program/A is a truly wonderful Pentax camera. Back a few years ago when I was inching my Pentax collection toward modernity (adding to my K1000 and a few lenses by experimenting with autoexposure with an ME and then an ME Super), I thought the Super Program would be the best blend of old-fashioned manual-focus and manual-wind feel with modern convenience like several autoexposure modes and TTL flash. The first couple of Super Programs I bought were heavily used, though, and one exhibited shutter problems after a while, and I ended up selling/trading them.

While I later got into autofocus Pentax cameras/lenses, I also kept a good manual-focus Pentax kit, and I bought a Super Program a little more than a year ago from a list member. This one was in beautiful condition and lightly used, and I found myself returning to it often when selecting a camera for a trip or outing. I did end up selling most of my autofocus gear (I've held onto an SFXn and a couple of lenses), but I also found the 35mm f/2 SMC-A lens that I love as a standard lens on the Super Program, and I recently picked up an excellent+ condition Super A from KEH. I always thought the Super A looked better, as it's all black. Other than the lack of an exposure lock function, it's nearly the perfect small-bodied autoexposure Pentax camera, at least with a small prime lens on it.

Joe

I was just in a camera shop in the Seattle area and I saw a Super Program in absolutely mint condition. I did not pick it up, I just viewed it through the case. The black leatherette looks like it just came out of the box. I suspect this camera was hardly, if ever used. As like new as I have ever seen. It comes with the body cap. Price was $135.

There was also a black ME in excellent condition with a Vivitar 28/f2 lens. A very slight amount of paint wear on the little ledge abouve the self-timer. Asking price was $175.

Omega Photo.

Tom C.