Hi Joe,
That's funny, I'd heard that the Sigma had bad edge sharpness and
light fall off issues. Apparently not true?
I have the EX 50 Macro, I'm not impressed, the Pentax F/FA is much
better IMHO.
Autofocus is actually the issue, the D is rather poor in low light
anyway, at 5.6 it's hopeless without a beam or the clever Pentax
'flashy,flashy' from the strobe. (Both of which are unacceptable
to me in any type of 'candid' work.)
At 4.0 it sort of works, at 2.8 it's not too bad.
My eyesight isn't too swift in low light either.

$500.00 is about the range I'm looking for, I'll keep my eyes
open, thanks.

Don