It is a lighter lens, with lots of plastic inside instead of the full-metal mechanism of version one. Mechanically, two examples I played with were flimsy. One was like new and its internal SMC were badly applied on one element.

The lens was "moved" outside Japan to be made without SMC. The examples of the non-SMC lenses I have seen were mechanically horrible, although quite used.

Raimo and Bernd noted it is better than M200. The same has been said of version one lens. I wonder if the version 2 zoom is better than version one...

Andre

Guys,
I've noticed that there are two different versions of this lens from
Boz's site.
According to Boz, the optical formula is different, focusing distance is
different, weight is different and the newer version has a linear
aperture-coupled lever which the old one doesn't have.
But how about the optical qualities? Are they different too?
Stan's site does have a little comment about the lens, but nothing was
mentioned about the version used...
Anybody has one here?

Cheers
Andy