For snapshots, I use Fuji Superia "X-TRA" 400 36 exp. from B&H at less than
US$2 a roll. It'll be slightly more at a store, but you can find it
anywhere. I prefer its color palette to that of Kodak, and it's slightly
less expensive. Grain is minimal.

I don't use a 200 speed film, period. I'd rather get an extra stop. I
occasionally use Fuji Superia Reala (ISO 100) if I have enough light or I'm
working with a tripod.

Kodak's Portra 160 NC and 400 NC are great if you're after a more subtle
color palette.

AFAIK, Portra 400 B&W one finds in a camera shop and their consumer C-41 B&W
you get at Walmart are the same film, just different packaging. I also use
this from time to time, primarily because good silver B&W processing is
getting more difficult to find every day. I don't do my own anymore. :(

Tim