Cotty wrote:

On 23/12/04, wendy beard, discombobulated, unleashed:

I did something I swore I'd never do myself and had
scorned others as talentless and without skill for
doing so. I put the camera into continuous drive and
AF servo mode and went machine gunning. I almost feel
embarrassed to own up to it :-S

But Wendy, I only ever shoot in that mode - yet I have had my latest digital incarnation since October and shot only 1629 images. AI Servo and continuous drive mode are similar to a film camera for me. I tried shooting in single shot mode once only, and instantly hated it. The camera makes you *wait* until a shot's in focus? No way.

I have AF set up thus: a half press on the shutter button starts AE
(usually aperture priority), and if I want AF, then I use my thumb on a
button on the back. Usually I focus manually.

Just because it's this newfangled digital, doesn't mean I have to change
my shooting habits! To me it's just a big bulky MX.

Don't forget ugly...

Cheers, Cotty

___/\__ || (O) | People, Places, Pastiche ||=====| http://www.cottysnaps.com _____________________________

--
I can understand why mankind hasn't given up war. During a war you get to drive tanks through the sides of buildings and shoot foreigners - two things that are usually frowned on during peacetime.
--P.J. O'Rourke