On Friday 24 December 2004 18:53, David Weiss wrote:
> Luigi,
>
> Just using plan old Windows 2000.
>
> Hmm, if you have the time, can you explain what
> gcc is?  Does this advice still apply if I am
> using Windows?

gcc is a C compiler for Linux.  The advice does not apply if you're running
the WinGIMP, and, as evidenced further up the thread, may be misguided anyway
(as the plugins are scripts, evidently, and not packages. yayness)

I'm slowly learning Linux, but I like it enough to be convinced that my next
desktop will have Linux on it.  (It may also have XP on it, to run games.)

As far as my next laptop, that's anybody's guess.

-Luigi