Hi Bob
I have a link here for you and you can watch all the series as Real Time
video, but the commentary is in German.
Should be  still enjoyable for most of you.

http://www.sfdrs.ch/system/frames/highlights/photosuisse/index.php

The CD, actually 2, are called "Photosuisse", I can't find details about
subtitles or languages in the shop.

Thanks for the links, I will soon follow them :-)
greetings
Markus

>>Subject: Documentaries about HCB, Capa et al. (was Re: OT: What did you
>>get for Christmas?
>>

>>Hi,
>>
>>[...]
>>> To go a little more on topic:
>>
>>> national Swiss television SF1 released a DVD lately with interviews of 8
>>> minutes duration
>>> of well known Swiss photographers and their work and view of
>>Switzerland, a
>>> series they broadcasted on TV first.
>>> Sadly, I only saw  one the interviews partly, so don't ask :-).
>>
>>I would be very interested to find out more details about those, if
>>you can discover the details.
>>
>>> But I would like to know:
>>> Is there any good material on DVD about photography or
>>photographers like
>>> HCB?
>>> anybody knows?
>>
>>Yes. There have been several good documentaries about HCB and about
>>Capa. Examples:
>>http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/documentaries/storyville/capa.shtml
>>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0780019482/103-43596
02-3759834?v=glance

Try the Fondation Cartier-Bresson for more details:
http://www.henricartierbresson.org/
They include this PDF of films by and about him:
http://www.henricartierbresson.org/hcb/ressources/HCB_filmo_fr.pdf

There is series of videos/DVDs called 'Contacts' which are short films
of photographers doing 'show and tell' with their contact sheets. I
haven't seen any of them yet, but they are available from the Centre
Nationale de la Photographie / Jeu de Paume in Paris:
http://www.cnp-photographie.com/ - then follow the menu straight
there.

--
Cheers,