To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2004 12:20 PM
Subject: Re: screw mount huh?

I don't know which lens you have but I assume that there is either
simply more metal in the m42 lens, or
pentax substituted aluminum for brass where it wasn't critical to avoid
binding, to reduce weight.  .

Rebekah Gonzalez wrote:

well you see, the reason i asked was that i had recently wandered into my
local camera shop (oops) and i just happened to have my camera with

me(oops

some more). so i was looking at this screw mount that had just been sold

the store and although it was technically the same lens as my own (50mm

1.4)

there was definitely a weight difference. any suggestions as to why?

rg2

--
I can understand why mankind hasn't given up war.
During a war you get to drive tanks through the sides of buildings

peacetime.

--P.J. O'Rourke