frank theriault wrote:

On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 17:59:53 -0500, Mark Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip> Sony

hasn't signed on but it's typical for them to go it alone as with their
"memory stick".)

<snip>

I remember a convo I had with my then brother-in-law about 25 years ago:

I said, "Maurice, go VHS.  Looks like everyone's going VHS, and not
too many are joining Sony with Beta".

Maurice said, "C'mon frank, Sony's the biggest home video player on
the block.  I think Beta will be around for a long long time."

cheers,
frank

Beta was around for a long time, just more expensive and hard to find after a while...

--
I can understand why mankind hasn't given up war. During a war you get to drive tanks through the sides of buildings and shoot foreigners - two things that are usually frowned on during peacetime.
--P.J. O'Rourke