On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 17:35:45 -0800, Shel Belinkoff
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It seems this hasn't made it to the list.
>
> http://home.earthlink.net/~pdml-pics/pan6.html
>

> Shel

I really like this a great deal!

Love the two in the foreground, especially the smile on the one on the
right.  Even though one can't really see the face, or even tell if
it's a boy or a girl, one can tell it's a smiling face. I like that
subtlety!  The two of them seem to be sharing a secret or something.
Maybe I'm only thinking that because of the third one on the porch of
the house.

Maybe that's what makes it such a compelling photo for me - that's the
way kids are;  it seems groups of three often devolve into a group of
two against one, and you've captured that reality here.

I gotta ask you, where was this taken?  My guess would be somewhere in
the Caribbean.  The ramshackle cottage overgrown with vegetation, and
even moreso, what appears to my eye to be an old (really old!) cannon
that the bike's leaning against.  Is that what it is?  Also, the way
the kids are dressed (or not dressed, as the case may be) sort of fits
a stereotype of the way things are in that part of the world.

Wherever it was taken, the "non-people" portion of the photo is
utterly charming.

Great stuff.

cheers,
frank