On Jan 4, 2005, at 4:47 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Personally, I've made sure I have a way to power all my DSLRs when I
can't get batteries for them any more. Kudos to Pentax for the use
of a AA-size battery compartment in the *istD, although I'd love to see a
proprietary high-capacity LION battery that fits where the batteries go.

I got a real surprise to find that my new cordless phone (a Panasonic) takes AAA-sized NiMH batteries. The manual contains a dire warning not to use alkalines... or at least not to put the phone on the charger if you do ;)

So there can be a down side to using standard battery sizes. For most gadgets (I mean tools) I prefer being able to charge the battery outside of the unit, so I have the option of having two batteries. My cellphone drives me nuts as its battery level indication is hopeless.

Cheers,

- Dave (read the manual AFTER setting it up, of course)

http://www.digistar.com/~dmann/