I had an image last winter that I "worried" to death. There was a sculptor who had his work displayed in the main market in Krakow. One of his sculptures was a large face, staring into the main tourist trap.... er, attraction on the center, called the "Cloth Hall." I thought it was rather haunting, yet comical at the same time. I burned about three rolls of film across several weeks, trying to make something of this photo. The best I could come up with was this:
<http://webaperture.com/gallery/photos/53435>

Somehow, it just lacks the impact I felt while standing there. I tried so hard to get the contrast between this large face, and the people inside.... Finally, just the other day, my wife saw the photo, and said... "The face is too small. You need to crop it."

<http://webaperture.com/gallery/photos/53462>

Definitely an improvement, but still I feel I missed an excellent opportunity. I don't know what I may have done wrong, or maybe, this just wasn't meant to be. When you mentioned "worrying" an image to death, Ann, I couldn't help but think of this...

Any advice? comments? Complaints? ;-) TIA

(And thanks, Ann, for reminding me of this. I meant to post it as a PESO weeks ago.)