The Zuiko in your reference was likely made for the Olympus FTL (introduced 1971) which utilized the 42mm Praktica/Pentax thread mount. The earlier Olympus Pen series utilized a proprietary Olympus bayonet. According to my references the FTL was the only Olympus SLR to use the 42mm thread mount.

Ed

From: Graywolf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: Re: Hi folks...
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 11:56:09 -0500

Prior to the OM series cameras Olympus made m42 mount cameras.

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"
-----------------------------------

Luigi de Guzman wrote:
On Wednesday 05 January 2005 11:09, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Yup. It pops right on, no problem at all. It is a Olympus E-Zuiko
Auto-T 1:3.5 lens to be specific. I'm told this is a 135MM lens?  The
specs on these are different than on my digital and I am not used to
them as yet. It's got the exact same mount as the Ricoh TLS. from what
I can tell.

"pops right on"?

how do you mean?

All the olympus lenses I've ever handled were OM bayonet mount. The Spotmatic is a SCREW mount camera--you thread the lenses in. A quick bit of googling has revealed no reference, anywhere, to M42 Olympus lenses.

weird!

-Luigi