In a message dated 1/5/2005 2:58:57 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Others seem to have figured out what the fellow is holding easily enough.
If you choose to intentionally set your monitor to an inappropriate
contrast, brightness, and gamma for viewing photographs, then your comments
about what is or is not visible have little merit, and you'll not see the
photos that many of us work very hard to present as they're meant to be
seen.
==========
Actually, I think my monitor is set right. It looks right to me and I run it
through the Adobe Gamma setup thingee periodically. I am just assuming my
contrast is darker or something than on some other monitors, because I found
Paul's (?) squirrel shot too blue (fringed or whatever), and your three kids
and a
bike shot so dark in the background that I never could make out the third kid.
And maybe my monitor is not as expensive as some other monitors on the list
either. And maybe people have to make allowances that their photographs will
not look exactly the same from monitor to monitor; from computer to computer.
Just a fact of life. And also, maybe, I am convinced of this, we do not all see
the same colors the same way.

So, bah, humbug, back at ya'.

Doe aka Marnie