On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 13:08:02 -0500, J. C. O'Connell wrote:

>the reason for my inquiry is how to trigger them
>with a standard mechanical release cable like the dual
>one used on the autobellows units. I think
>I could make one though so I'll cross that bridge
>when I get to it.

I've done this.  I've been using it since I had my Z1p.  I've used the
same switch box for the Z1p MZ-S and not the *istD.  I've just changed
the plug as I've gone.  The istD is the easiest to do as the plug is a
standard 2.5mm stereo plug (make sure it fits the camera as there is a
raised bit on the camera that stops some plugs from fitting).

I've also modified the bellows mount to make the istD think it's an A
lense set to A so that P-TTL will work through it.

 Leon

http://www.bluering.org.au
http://www.bluering.org.au/leon