Hum..? I thought all 15mm/3.5's had an aspheric element in them. Weren't the early ones ground, and the later ones molded? That may be the difference you are thinking about.

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"
-----------------------------------

Peter J. Alling wrote:
I think there was a SMC Takumar, a SMC Pentax [K] and A. If I remember correctly the Takumar and SMC
Pentax K versions for a short time had an aspheric element but Pentax changed the optical formula to a more conventional
type due to manufacturing difficulties. Maybe the K 15mm could have been either and there were 100 of the aspherical
I don't quite remember but they weren't marked and there were supposedly only very subtle cues as to which was which
on the outside of the lens...

Shel Belinkoff wrote:

AL version? What's that? I didn't think the K15/3.5 was all that rare to
warrant so high a price as this one sold for. Is this a reasonable price
for a K15/3.5? Wasn't there a SMC Tak 15/3.5 as well? I'd like to learn
more about the various iterations of this lens. Anybody an expert on these
puppies?

Shel