On 8 Jan 2005 at 8:18, J. C. O'Connell wrote:

> seems to me that aligning a glass flat parallel to a sensor
> would be child's play via a spacer. I think that this technique
> would be good in a rangefinder camera but not in a SLR because
> in order to get the dust out of the focal plane it would need
> to be too far away from the sensor and would interfere with
> the mirror travel.

Doesn't seem to affect the Sigma SD10.

"The SD10 has a "dust cover" right behind the lens mount, protecting the
mirror/shutter/sensor chamber. The idea is to keep dust from reaching the
sensor, an issue for most digital SLRs"

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/SSD10/SD10A5.HTM

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998