--- Rob Studdert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks for the pic and explanation. I haven't take my A15/3.5 apart yet, I
> would love the change some of the filters though it's not as important as it
> once was now I'm primarily shooting digital. Did the re-lubing make much
> difference to the focus feel of the lens?

Actually I was thinking the same because everyone seems shooting digital now.
:-)
Unfortunately, relubed the helicoid doesn't do much to ease the weight issue,
but
certainly smoother because the old grease was, well, old. I believe it was the
rather narrow brass helicoid ring which does not distribute the weight too
well. If
the length was made double or add another helicoid support plate like the new
FA77,
the focus ring might be smoother and lighter. I guess this is the little price
pay when making such compact lenses.

=====
Alan Chan
http://www.pbase.com/wlachan