On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 19:20:36 +1000, Rob Studdert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Oath mate, best familiarize yourself before landing on our shores or no one
> will know what the bloody hell you are on about :-)
>
> http://members.ozemail.com.au/~enigman/australia/slang.html
> http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html

Orritht, Rob, ta!  That Ausie Slang Dictionary is ace.

Should I ever find myself in Oz, sitting in a bar somewhere back of
Bourke, watching a bit of Aerial Ping Pong, whilst sipping the amber
fluid, I'll be able to  figure out what the barflies are on about, ay?

For instance, ockers may notice me lift my middy and say, "Oooo, your
a mollydorker then aren't you?", and I won't be nacked and hit them
with a nulla-nulla.  The last thing I want to do is square off because
a bunch of stickybeaks are throwing strine at me that I don't
understand!

Anyway, sometimes it's best to just fix up your jack and jill then hit
the frog and toad, rather than chuck a wobbly over a guy who's pissed
as a family fart.

But I digress.  I"m off for a kip.

Oooroo,
knarf