We use a template from www.mycustomcalendars.com which has been
heavily modified (I can't tolerate their plain Times font, and we must
change the language, and all the holidays, etc.) and then we add
artwork to each month, adding in the copyright and credits, and print
it on A4. When printed, we add a clear sheet to the front, and comb
bind the whole thing, and then punch holes for hanging. This year, due
to a lack of time, we had all the printing and binding done for us by
a local shop. The cost was about $4USD per calendar (9.80PLN).
Unfortunately, we underestimated, and I had to print some extras on
our color laser. The result was no different in quality. The printer
also used a color laser, but a high-speed duplicator that could also
do perfect binding if he wanted. We used 200g, brilliant paper for the
printing, and it really makes the artwork just pop off the page. I
wish we had done photos so I could see if their printer does a better
job than ours.

As I said, for the past two years, we have used paintings, not
photography, but some day, I would like to use photographs again. I'm
slowly working my way around lower Poland, getting photos and
panoramas of the "Eagles Nest" castles, which I think would make a
nice calendar. :-) However, part of our goal is to draw attention to
Polish artists, and showcase them, so I fear our photo calendar may
never become a reality.

In any case, it's a relatively small output in time and money, but the
dividends in good will, and the joy on the part of the recipients and
the artists is a big reward. :-)

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 15:02:43 -0500 (GMT-05:00), Kenneth Waller
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Just wondering if others making calendars have an idea as to their production
> costs?
>
> I've been doing calendars for the last several years.
> I use calendar blanks from Photographers Edge @ around $5.50/each depending
> on volume. I then print 13 4"X6" prints on my Epson Stylus Photo @ around
> $0.25each.
> So total cost, less ink costs are under $10/each. People really like the fact
> they are getting prints.
>
> Kenneth Waller

> PeoplePC Online
> A better way to Internet