If that is a Ritz I understand they give their salesfolk a bigger spiff on the D70 than any of the others. There is a lot more going on than which is the best camera. My understanding is that at least Pentax is making enough istDs's to push them. They weren't pushing the istD because they were selling faster than they came off the assembly line.

And if someone wants to think about it, consider that the istD was their first DSLR, then think of what the competion's first DSSLR was like. That does say something positive about Pentax's engineering department.

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"
-----------------------------------

Bruce Dayton wrote:
I was in my local shop yesterday - mostly Nikon and Pentax, some
Canon.  They are selling about five D70's everyday.  People just keep
walking in a buying them.  They think highly of the *istDS, but it
doesn't sell anywhere like the D70.  Pretty much the word is out in
all media that photographers and would be photographers that the D70
is THE camera to buy.  Pop Photography proclaimed it Camera of the
Year.  Size doesn't matter to most people at the time of purchase.
Later on, when having to carry the extra they might care, but it is
too late.  The best Pentax can do with the *istDS is be respected.  My
shop thinks the DRebel is junk next to the DS and they are very
willing to tell any potential customers.  But they are really making
their money on the D70.  It could well be the camera that saved
Nikon's hide.