Yes, but you don't carry it around fully extended. And the weight doesn't
change as you focus in: the D FA lens is about 350g .. the FA is about
600g. The new lens also seems to have a 49mm filter thread which is very
civilised for such a fast lens ...

... I really hope they haven't sacrificed the sharpness/contrast of the old
one. If it's as good on 35mm, I'm really going to have to have one of
these.

Dave