Quoting Luigi de Guzman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> The truth of it, frank, is that compact digicam viewfinders--Pentax ones
> included--suck.  They don't show nearly enough of the frame, you have no
> idea
> what precisely you're focusing or metering on (no crosshairs, like the
> olympus film compacts), and they're dim and squinty.  The LCD is
> full-coverage, so from a composition standpoint, much much much easier.

Then again, people's experiences differ. I choose the viewfinder instead of
the LCD of my Optio 550 except when I need to check the focus, or when
shooting a really close close-up as that's when the parallax error becomes a
big problem. My main argument with the viewfinder is that the sliding diopter
adjustment switch slides too easily ... Otherwise, a very usable viewfinder
from my point of view.

ERNR