I don't feel elitist.  As Shel states, AF can be very useful in some
cases.  Those cases are generally when the person can't focus fast
enough.  What I did say was when I view pictures that used AF when not
necessary, they tend to not be critically focused (and I include your
MZ-S in this) and quite often the composition is not quite as good as
it could have been.  You end up spending more time trying to pick the
right AF point, or focus locking and then recomposing, etc to not be
optimal.  In practice it usually isn't much of any faster for those
situations.

When I bought the *istD, one of the biggest reasons was because of the
viewfinder - It was the best of the bunch for allowing me to manually
focus.  When I buy lenses, the manual focus feel is important to me.
That isn't to say that I don't buy AF lenses (about 80% are AF), but I
do plan on manually focusing.

It probably has more to do with a critical eye, just like someone who
fully relies on the matrix meter in all cases, because most of the
time it is ok.  That doesn't mean it is ever optimal, just that it is
liveable.  It could also be that DOF is covering up your focusing
errors in many cases.

Sorry to ruffle feathers - I don't think less of you as a person
because you like AF more than MF.  Feel free to continue down the path
you are going and hopefully Pentax will improve their AF.

--
Best regards,
Bruce