"Nick Clark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>My local professional lab have just doubled the price for
>their E6 processing as there's not the demand. They have to
>make up a fresh batch of chemicals virtually for each film as
>they often see 1 or none each day.

At the shop where I work we're seeing an average of 2-3 rolls of E6 per
day, in my estimation. And we're one of only 3 or 4 (I think) places in
Pittsburgh that does E6 in house. Equally worrying, in my view, is the
fact that none of the people bringing us E6 ever seems to be in a rush
to get it (we do same-day E6 if you get it in to us before noon). This
indicates to me that we're seeing mostly hobbyists rather than
professional shooters. We're charging $6.50 a roll.

>Didn't think it would happen this soon.

Same here. I expect it's only going to accelerate now, given the fact
that the digital camera was the #1 gift this past Christmas. I saw
2-megapixel digicams for $49.00 at several places - no zoom lens and
only good enough for 4x6 prints but that's all most people need and the
better/cheaper trend isn't slowing down yet...

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing