At 06:56 PM 1/13/2005 +0000, you wrote:

you're very lucky to have such willilng subjects! Have you tried
shooting them with the camera and lens on a bean bag?

Yes, I made a pinto bean one which I use quite a bit, but the ground was very muddy with deep puddles which I wasn't to keen on lying in (my excuse to self was that my beanbag might sprout if I watered it too much).
How big are most beanbags? Mine is about four inches tall and I find it rather uncomfortable to use unless I have it propped up on something.

 If your tripod's
as wobbly as you suggest you might get better results with a beanbag,
which is easy to make at home, and costs a lot less than a stable
tripod.

It isn't too bad for short lens stuff but it definitely isn't up to snuff for anything long long. It's, you know, one of those "made specifically for use with digital cameras" ones. Nice and light though.

cheering loudly
Francis