On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 19:56:34 -0500 (EST), [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I find telescope eyepieces work pretty much as intuition suggests;
> a "stronger" eyepiece increases the magnification of the image.
> A far more interesting question, to my mind, is why that isn't the
> case in photography.

We don't usually use a second (objective) lens in photography.  It's
sometimes done in astrophotography, though.  Usually, though,
photographic lenses just use one (compound) lens with a specific focal
length.  When you mount two lenses nose-to-nose, for extreme macro
photography, you're doing something similar to a telescope with an
eyepiece (objective) lens.

TTYL, DougF KG4LMZ