"Butch Black" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>my
>guess is that in 5 years there will be a drastic drop off in the number of
>places you will be able to get any processing, film or digital done.

I think you're right with regards to film but not digital processing.
Film processing requires enough space, cost and maintenance (not to
mention a machine operator). Digital prints come from a self-serve kiosk
that costs very little to buy and operate.
I expect film minilabs to start disappearing in the next two years but
digital print kiosks are going to be getting cheaper and popping up
*more* in places where we've never seen them before.

As someone else has pointed out, the death of film (as a mainstream
product) won't be caused by its quality but by its availability and the
cost and availability of processing.

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing