--- Collin Brendemuehl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Those adorama units are bulb photofloods.
> You may or may not want that type of lighting.

I have a strobe and umbrella. I had bought a
photoflood light & stand because it was really cheap.
However, I soon found out that the bulbs last about 30
seconds and they don't put out as much light as they
look like thay do.

I was doing a bit of experimenting the other night and
trying out both lights, staring with the photoflood

http://www.pbase.com/wendybeard/image/38590040

The toffee enticed a visitor down to the basement so I
 gave up with that lamp and went back to the strobe

http://www.pbase.com/wendybeard/image/38599057

Experimenting with light is fun

http://www.pbase.com/wendybeard/image/38619389

and with digital I get the instant feedback too. Great
for learning what works and doesn't.
Surprising what that 100mm f3.5 macro lens can do too.

Wendy