Yes, exactly.  You created the impression that the Expedition was illegally
parked (and even mentioned that you were thinking of sending the pic to the
authorities) when it wasn't.  That's certainly a type of manipulation.  In
conjunction with your comments the manipulation becomes an outright lie.
While one may argue that everyone crops or frames their photos to provide a
certain feeling or point of view or commentary, the original photo seems to
have been intentionally created to make a statement that was completely
untrue as opposed to an interpretation or POV on a situation.

What I don't understand is why you said:

"Two were boring, 'look how illegally these dopes are parked' pictures,
which I thought I might save and forward to the town
authorities someday. " when the Expedition was not parked illegally.

Shel

> From: Luigi de Guzman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> On Friday 14 January 2005 12:43, Shel Belinkoff wrote:
> > This puts your first pic in an entirely different light, so to speak.
It
> > seems that the SUV is not parked in a space reserved for compacts.  The
> > compact only space is behind the space in which the SUV is parked.  And
> > looking at the parking meter that's designated for the space in which
the
> > SUV is parked, there's no sign indicating for compacts only.  It doesn't
> > appear that the SUV is illegally parked, but it does appear that you've
> > manipulated the first photo to give the impression that the vehicle was
> > illegally parked.
> >

> "Manipulated?"
>
> Well, if you count framing the shot the way I did as manipulation, then
yeah.
> But other than moving myself around on the sidewalk, there isn't any
> manipulation in that image.
>
> The whole scene, without manipulation, is quite boring, but also quite
amusing
> in its own right:
>
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/Brunellus/Stuff/Compact3.jpg
>
> Note the Escalade parked in the "compact" spot, followed by an
Expedition,