Hi,

I've used Ektachrome P1600 at 3200 inside the churches of Lalibela in
Ethiopia. These are dark places, usually lit only by an open doorway
or by a small window high up in the chamber. The churches are usually
full of brocade and silk, with gold and silver crosses and staffs,
bright colourful paintings and frescoes, and priests with exceptionally
dark skin, dressed very ornately. I shot with an LX on auto, on a tripod
and was able to get relatively short exposure times - short enough for a
posing priest to be sharp, but too long to be handheld.

However the colours on the slides, while not inaccurate (I mean, blues
were blue, reds were red), were so much brighter and more vibrant than
I remember the actual scene that I'm not sure I'd want to use it
again. I'd have to do some controlled tests to see the circumstances
in which it workds best, and this is what I'd recommend to you. The skin
tones seemed accurate enough, but on balance the film didn't seem entirely
natural. But then, Ethiopia's like that anyway :o)

---

 Bob

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Art is a form of play, not to be taken seriously" - Plato