Nah, fuzz antidates hippies by decades. I had hear that it came from the stuff that collected on the dark blue wool uniforms they used to wear, and the fact that when you didn't want them around they collected around you like the fuzz did to their uniforms.

Somewhat like "cops". Supposedly from the english police signing their reports "COP" for Constible On Patrol (but that is apparently a recent fabrication). Then there is the story that the early London police uniforms had copper buttons, hence "copper" and eventually shortened to "cop". Note that they more likely had brass buttons, easy enough to corrupt that to copper.

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"

mike wilson wrote: