It's not a problem to use older lenses. I have a couple of M
series lenses and find them easy to use with the *istDS.

Install lens. Set exposure to manual, set desired aperture.
Point at meter target, press AE-L button. Frame, focus, tweak
settings if you feel it's warranted. Take picture.

Godfrey

--- Tim Sherburne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> For some reason, this strikes me as hellishly awkward. I'm
familiar with the
> Green Button on my MZ-S, and it's nothing like this with M
series lenses.

> Do any of you D or DS owners find this workflow to be so
troubling that it