On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:51:30 +0000, Bob W <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Over here a great deal of that additional markup goes to the
> supermarket, not to the grower, because they will happily milk those
> of us who do not buy on price alone.

I try and avoid buying coffee in the supermarket if possible. If
you're in London, these guys are great:
http://www.monmouthcoffee.co.uk/ - I get my coffee from them whenever
I can, and stop in at there shop and grab a cup if I have a
moment...they know how to brew their coffee nicely. They do mail order
as well.

Whittards also do a bunch of fair trade stuff and their prices and
quality are pretty good.

I've started recently grinding my own, but am still experimenting to
try and get it to taste as good as the guys at Monmouth Street...I
expect this is a neverending battle.

billy (who has just finished a cup of Guatamalan Elephant [bean size,
not passed through civit style] and is now bouncing off the walls)

--
Billy Abbott
Photography - http://www.cowfish.org.uk/paw/