> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> > A final thought:   I posted this photo because I was looking
though
> > some old contacts (from the summer), looking for another
shot, and
> > noticed this one which seems to have escaped my eye the
first time.
> > That's why I love contacts.  I don't know that I'd do the
same if all
> > my shots were on a hard drive somewhere...

If you wanted to be able to access your photos sensibly, you'd
invest in some simple software that allows you to store them as
thumbnails, title and categorize them for browsing and searches.
And print out catalog pages as "contact proofs", if that was
your desire.

I have nearly a hundred thousand photos in my file archive now.
It's very easy to scan through them or search for photos created
or modified around certain dates or events, locate exactly what
I'm looking for, find things I'd forgotten. I can't imagine
doing that with 2500 proof sheets anywhere near as efficiently.

Godfrey