From: Todd Stanley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

: This is my kind of picture - I really like the visual irony of the sign.

Mine too.

: The DOF for a picture like this is complicated, as you want the sign to
: stand out, but at the same time want the building to be recognizable.  I
: would of blurred the background more, judging by the scan.  But at the
same
: time it would probably look just fine as a 8x10 print, as percieved DOF
: does have to do with enlargement size.

I'm going to take the neg to my local printer to have an 8x10 made to judge
the resolution, we'll see about the DOF.

: As for the cars/lights, I don't see them as distracting to the photo.
What
: is distracting to me is that thing in focus on the left side (tree?), and
: that white bar (flare?).  But with stuff like that sometimes there just
: isn't much you can do.  Maybe moving to the right a little, to get some
: space between the sideways sign and the building, then simply cropping out
: the tree/sideways sign might work - assuming you can move to the right, of
: course.  Also, maybe include more of the street on the bottom right to
help
: lead the viewer's eye from the sign to the building.

The white light seems to be another Traffic signal, that is a tree. If I had
an enlarger I could dodge out the light, and maybe the tree. Other comments
were made to crop left and I am going to hit the streets with more lenses
when I get the chance. Hopefully when it rains again, I like the effect of
thw wet streets.

l8r,
Douglas E Harmon
[EMAIL PROTECTED]