Today's screaming for chrome film that will be cross processed :)
The colour in the sky and such should make for an interesting mix.

I may venture out a bit later and snap off some in the downtown area.
I think the camera of choice will be the Olympus XA :)

Cheers
Dave

> -----Original Message-----
> From: frank theriault [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Sent: Sunday, January 23, 2005 8:45 AM
> To: PDML
> Subject: [pdml] OT: Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow
> 
> 
> We had what the weather forecasters now call "a snow event" yesterday
> here in Toronto.  I think the same storm also hit much of the MIdwest
> and Northeast US, so Paul, Ken and any other Michiganders (haven't
> seen Mark Cassino much lately, have we?) must have got hit, too.
> 
> They were calling for over 12 inches, but this morning they said we
> only got around 7 - looking out the window, it sure looks like close
> to 10 or 12.  Winds were high (40 km per hour - it wasn't a
> "blizzard", which needs 50 km/h winds) and lowish temps (-17 C, with
> wind chill in the -30's) made for a fun day.
> 
> I mean, literally, a fun day.
> 
> I bought a Metro Pass, which allows me all day access to Toronto's
> excellent transit system, and took the street car and subway all
> around town, whilst luckless drivers slid their way about.  Of course,
> a camera was mandatory in such conditions, and I got lots of cliche
> "people trying to walk along, hands holding their collars to their
> face while the wind tugs at their coats, snow whipping by them" shots.
>  Hopefully, some of them will turn out.  Most people walking by were
> so busy trying to negotiate the wind and snow they didn't even notice
> my camera.
> 
> Today's beautiful and sunny.  Should be lots more photo ops out there.  
> 
> Anyone else out there shooting in the snow this weekend?
> 
> cheers,
> frank
> -- 
> "Sharpness is a bourgeois concept."  -Henri Cartier-Bresson
> 
> 
> 
> 

Reply via email to