I don't know where those numbers come from, but it is definately a "professionally acceptable" lens. In fact it is one of my favorites. When I can only carry two lenses, they are it (M100/2.8) and the M35mm/2.0.

"Professionally acceptable" is the only lens rating that makes much sense to me. What that means is no client is going to be unsatisfied by the images made with it. Who cares about lpmm and all that but the pretentious who do not understand what they mean anyway. "Lpmm" may sell magazines but they don't sell lenses, at least not to me.

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"

Keith Whaley wrote:

Paul Stenquist wrote:

It's not exactly a steal. I sold the same lens recently. I think it brought about $130. While I like the M 100/2.8, it's probably the least desirable of the Pentax primes in the 100 to 120 range.
Paul

I tend to agree...
Somewhere I read that the "critical aperture" is f/16.0!
And at that, it only resolves 51-57  l/mm.
Hardly a world beater!

keith whaley